Seeking Members Opinions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by improbable, Aug 15, 2010.

1. improbable

improbable New Member

Hi,

Our magazine is considering using aMember as our subscription software,
    but would like to speak to some existing clients to see how aMember is working for them. We've already spoken with one who was primarily positive, but would like to hear from others.

Our magazine would like to offer e-journal subscriptions with automatic notification, but we haven't found anything that really meets our needs. We have digital subscriptions we want to set up so that subscribers can choose between a paper copy and a digital one, and the system would let the subscriber know when the new issue is ready and allow them to download it.

We'd like to interface with PayPal, which is what our subscribers are used to, but again, finding something that interfaces with them that is cost-efficient
    and user-friendly (for me as an internal user). Automatic renewal (rebill) would also be a huge benefit, both for us and for our subscribers.

Is anyone here interested in sharing their experiences? If so, please email me or send me a private message.

Thanks,

Katherine
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

3. improbable

improbable New Member

Thanks! Anyone else got anything to say?
  4. krcox

krcox aMember Pro Customer

Katherine,I just recently began my journey w/Amember and must say I am impressed with all of their features and support. I had a little problem getting my SMF plugin to work correctly on my own but had Alex from the forum and Amember support on it without any hicups.I am now up and running rounding up members.Adding products to be protected for download was a snap as well as seting up PayPal.
    A+ to Amember:)
  5. improbable

improbable New Member

Good to know!

Do you use the rebill feature? I've heard from another couple of clients that it can be an issue.
  6. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Katherine,

Between the features, functionality, flexibility, pricing and support, I doubt you'll find a better platform for what you want to do. I use amember is a somewhat nontraditional way, and have found it to be capable of just about anything I ask it to do. Sometimes it requires a little extra programming, but there are plenty of resources available between official support, plugins, freelance programmers, etc.

Whatever you decide, good luck.