"Seeding" aMember userid/password

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by sschafer, Jul 14, 2005.

1. sschafer

sschafer Guest

Since a user has already authenticated when they visit a protected page on my site, I'd like to alleviate their having to log in through aMember if they (during same session) choose to admin their account.

When aMember is accessed (here, through the member.php script), it remains blissfully unaware of any auth information. How/what/where can I set to tell aMember what the user's name and PW is and to go get the rest of their info?

(User and pass are stored in the PHP vars $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] and $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'] while in the realm that was authenticated. Hopefully I can simply assign them to appropriate session vars that aMember will then reference...)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Steve
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Steve, it could be possible to do, but why don't use "new_rewrite" protection instead of htpasswd?
  3. sschafer

sschafer Guest

Extended conversation ongoing directly with CGIC support, but for anyone else who has this issue I'll summarize:

We have an external resource that needs to access the .htgroup/passwd files. However, since aMember allows for multiple methods of protection I should be able to use both .ht and rewrite to accomplish what I need.

(Thanks to Alex for the prompt responses and support!)

-Steve