Second Wordpress installation and server permissions

Discussion in 'Integration' started by guildrl, Mar 1, 2012.

1. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Hello

I have asked support about this and I totally understand there is nothing they can do. I just thought I would see if anyone knows about server permissions etc. Also, I should add, this is not essential to my use of amember, it would just be "nice to have".

I have a VPS dedicated server with a number of domains. I have a wordpress installation working with amember on same domain just fine (landlordsguild.com). I would like to make amember work with second wordpress installation on a different domain (on same server) (landlordaccreditation.org.uk).

However, when I try enter amember path into second wordpress I get following error:

I know this is a permission issue and my hosting company says it's because apache owns the files not ftp but that I could try accessing via SSH and then provided me some commands (which I don't really understand at this stage until I learn more about SSH).

I understand I can use terminal off my mac to access via SSH but if I'm honest I'm a little lost.

If anybody has any thoughts for a beginner I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Adrian
  2. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

OK, thought I would update this post to help others.

This was a server issue. I use Linux and plesk.

I fixed this problem by going to the plesk control panel, selecting the domain (landlordaccreditation), then php settings. I changed open_basedir setting from default (which was to a tmp folder in the domain) to /var/www/vhosts/

Now, when entering base directory for amember, it works.

Hope this helps

Adrian