scalability

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by smelni, Feb 8, 2004.

1. smelni

smelni Guest

How many users can this support in the database

some of the protection methods mention problems with large number of users - what are the upper limits?

thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hello,
    it can handle at least 50,000-100,000 of members. Of course, it depends on your server hardware and type of membership you are selling and content you are providing.

Only htpasswd have limits (depending on Apache). If you are using dedicated server (I guess if you have a lot of members you can have dedicated server), you shouldn't use htpasswd protection.
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco Guest

Hi, That is something I have been wondering about. What are the user limits of htpasswd as far as total # of users supported?
  4. alex

It is something near several thousands, I said there is no exact number.
  5. Rani

Rani New Member

does that mean that amemberpro would not work on a dedicated server since it is based on htpasswd? and if it does work on a dedicated server, what would the limit be based on then?
  6. alex

No, no - htpasswd will work on dedicated server, why not. I just meant that you have better abilities for protection than htpasswd if you are using dedicated hosting. For example, have a look to mod_rewrite protection method.