Return core features of XenForo

Discussion in 'Integration' started by itsrich, Jun 7, 2015.

1. itsrich

itsrich Member

Hello,

I need some help returning some basic, but important and vital core features of XenForo.

So far I have noticed that.....

I can not have user group promotions inside XF due to aMember
    I can not have group user title priority display due to aMember
    I can not have custom user permissions due to aMember - this is extremely vital to my forum

I tried, tested and investigated with some help from the XF team and the issues I am experiencing are not XF related and can not be reproduced on other XF installations that are not using aMember.

I know that user group promotions are directly affected when a users groups are updated by the aMember system. Wherein, it will remove them from any groups that were not added by aMember, so this renders user group promotions useless. But these are a vital part of any forum, so I need this functionality returned.

I know that group user titles are directly affected because aMember sets the user group title to match the "primary" user group, so this renders other higher priority user titles as useless. But this is another vital part of any forum.

I have recently discovered that ALL custom user permissions are also rendered as useless because aMember prevents these permissions from being updated properly. This is probably the most important and vital feature that I need restored. It is incredibly vital to any forum.

I request that these issues are urgently rectified. These are some basic but very important and vital features of any forum.

I also request that other potential customers of the integration product be made very aware of these current issues as at the moment there is nothing to indicate that there any isssues. (Not that I can find)

I would also like to ask if the aMember team would contact the XF team to work on this integration together and I believe now would be the best time to do so as I think the XF team are currently developing XF 2.0 which is bound to have some big changes that will most likely effect the integration.

At the moment though, the above mentioned issues really do need to be rectified and these features restored. I paid for XenForo because I need their features and I paid for aMember because I need your features, but at the moment, aMember is preventing me from using the XF features that I need and paid for. It's a bit like buying a car and taking it the garage to have the windows tinted, but in the process of tinting your windows, the garage removes your wheels and asks you to pay them for it lol

I really hope these are restored ASAP because until they are, I am unable to start my online business. The custom user permissions is the most important feature that needs to be restored and I hope you understand my concern.

Thank you
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Richard,
    Custom groups issue is fixed already. Fix will be available in next version.
    I'm not sure what should be done with user group titles and promotions? How by your opinion this should work?
    For example in this situation:
    You add user who purchase special product to group special in Xenforo.
    Then you decide to add special group to another user who didn't purchase product in aMember.
    Of course that group will be removed by plugin because there is no way to know how user got that group, did admin add it or was it added by amember.
    Plugin takes full control on user groups, in other case there will not be any way to implement protection in forum.
    I don;t see any problem here, if you want to add group for user just do this from aMember. Create special product assign it to special group and add time limited access to user.
    I'm attaching latest version of plugin to my reply. Make sure that you have latest version of aMember too.
    Btw in latest version there is new setting Super Groups which allow to protect special groups which won't be touched by amember. Do you use latest version of software?
  3. itsrich

itsrich Member

Custom user groups are not the problem.

4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I made a typo. I mean user custom permissions of course. I sent you plugin file with fixes, but you didn't tested it...
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. itsrich

itsrich Member

I did test new file, but it didn't work at first, so I deleted it from my server completely and re-uploaded it and it appears to have fixed the user permissions issue.

For future reference, how will be aware of new plugin updates?

Thank you