Restrict Quantity and Expiration

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by bsg1, Aug 31, 2012.

1. bsg1

bsg1 New Member

Question 1: Anyone know of a way to set the maximum number of memberships that can be sold? For example, I'd like to limit the memberships that can be purchased to 50. After 50 have been sold it could either alert me or just disable.

Question 2: Is there a way to set a fixed product expiration? I have some memberships that should all end at a certain fixed date regardless of when the user signed up. Ex/ Summer season membership, terminating on X date.

Thanks for any input on this stuff. From what I can tell this can all be done with coupons but I'd like to avoid using coupons if possible.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I had amember do this for one of my sites- trial expires on Oct 1, so the payment in paypal shows trial for 30 days from today. then $x a year. etc. So should be doable with small customization.

Not natively, I think amember may be working on this.

David
  3. bsg1

bsg1 New Member

Apparently aMember has an add-on that can be used to control limit the number of memberships that can be purchased.

Note: Just rename the file and remove the .txt part. I had to do that so it would allow me to attach.

Attached Files:

4. davidm1

Thanks! Testing it out.

David
  5. davidm1

Cool, limits the number of products sold. It reduces the count of # available with every order- then when it hits 0, the product no longer shows up on the order form.

David

Attached Files:

6. bongpig

bongpig New Member

I've just asked this same question to the amember team... then found this thread.

Does this script still work for the latest version of amember?
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Contact us in helpdesk to get latest version.
  8. bongpig

bongpig New Member

Thanks Alex. Ive done that. :)
  9. alexandrephili

alexandrephili New Member

Hello,

I am also interested by this feature.

Does it enable to do a redirect in case there is no more membership available for the product ?

Alexandre