Restore Database Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stevenjones, Sep 21, 2012.

1. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Hello!

I've filed a ticket like 3 days ago and the replies that I am receiving from support aren't really helping me much at this moment. My members have been without their software for 3 days now as I cannot get it solved...

So what's going on?

I've switched hosting companies for the 3rd time and set up another website. I changed the domain for one of the licenses, and before that I made a SQL backup. I thought that after getting the new site in place with aMember installed, I would only UNPACK the file and upload the SQL file. Unfortunately this was not the case as I get prompted with the same error over again...

"An Error has occured
    The database has encountered a problem, please try again later.

Please contact webmaster: myemail@email.com."

Now this still is not solved.. I've stated in my first ticket the following...

Only to get the following reply..

So what's going on guys? Why answer with a question when I already stated that I've done this. Have been digging through the forums and I couldn't find anything that would help me out. I really need a solution fast as I am losing members and funds here. Support from aMember used to be great but it seems they lost their touch, it has been 22 hours since the last reply and usually got a reply I could with within 6 hours.

Also included all FTP details, the database backup, and asked other questions (like: Do the database details need to be the same?) which not got answered, and could help me in resolving this solution.

If anyone has come about the same solution then please reply, I am really desperate at this moment as we are talking about 300+ members... Which is quite something to me..

Awaiting a reply,
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Steven,
    I am sorry again, there was misunderstanding of the problem by our staff member. I hope the problem is resolved now.
  3. stevenjones

stevenjones Member

Hello!

It seems you got everything in place, except for the IPN URL pointing to the old site. Already filed a ticket and awaiting reply.

Steven