Resend Signup Email?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BigDaddy, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Member

I've just made the switch from version 3.x to 5.05. Thanks aMember support for the upgrade help.

In version 3, there was a link to resend signup email. Has that gone in version 5?
    I am assuming I need to create an email template - correct?
    There is no placeholder for "password" unless I missed it, so do I just include the aMember root URL and username, and get them to request their password? Is that how you do it in version 5, or am I missing an easier "resend" option somewhere.

cheers

Andy
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Dear Andy,

Latest aMember version follow modern security standards and do not save user password at all. We save to database only hash of password. It is enough to authenticate customer but it is impossible to retrieve password from this hash. It means you can include password in plain text only to 'Registration Email' - aMember send this message during same request while user submit his password so we have plain text password at this stage.

In case user forgot password I suggest to redirect him to
    http://www.amember.com/amember/login?sendpass
    to retrieve password (actually securely set new one). Obviously you need to change above url with actual url of your aMember installation.

There is option to save password in plain text but I do not recommend to do it
    http://www.amember.com/docs/How_to_store_plain_text_passwords_for_users
    This approach will work only for new users.

Please note you can resend Signup Email (but without password) from user profile
    aMember CP -> Users -> Browse Users -> (edit)
    You can see button 'Resend Signup Email' against User Email address.

Best Regards.
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Member

Thanks Caesar. I missed that button when I was looking but see it now. I appreciate your help.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You are welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.