Removing Unnecessary fields in authorize.net CIM hosted

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by pjman, Jan 17, 2014.

1. pjman

pjman Member

Loving the authorize.net hosted form. No PCI nightmares anymore.

I do find that there are 2 total unnecessary field on the hosted form (fax number and email). I would like to be able to remove those fields from the hosted form my users fill out. Any ideas as to how I would do this?
  2. pjman

pjman Member

I'm sure it would help improve my sales conversion rates too.

Alex I would love you to weigh in here when you get the chance.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

This form is provided by authorize.net. aMember has not control on it.
  4. pjman

pjman Member

Thanks that's all I need to know. I'll contact their support people.
  5. plannerguy

plannerguy aMember Pro Customer

Would really like to know if you were able to remove some fields. Also, does the authorize form have to be a popup? Could it be embedded and styled?
  6. pjman

pjman Member

From what I have been able to find (from Authorize.net), customization of fields or styles of their hosted pop-up aren't available. I guess we get what we get. Definitely let them know you would like this though. Maybe they'll cave.
  7. ntsmedia

ntsmedia aMember Pro Customer

Hopefully adding a post here will revive this topic!

In testing with the AuthNet "Hosted" CIM form we are finding that not only do some fields seem rather useless (fax number) but various fields are required (name etc.) but not indicated as being required on the form (with an *).

I have inquired about this with Authorize.Net but they kicked it back to aMember saying "I recommend checking with aMember4 to determine what integration method is being used. If the integration method is SIM, the payment form appearance details cannot be modified."

OK ... though we would love to have some control (styling and/or fields included) the biggest issue is that a required field should advise the user it is required. Who can address this?

Regards,
    John
  8. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I am afraid we can do nothing to alter anything on this form. This form is retrieved from authorize.net server and shown as is.
  9. educator_classroom

educator_classroom New Member

It seems Authorize CIM now allows customization of the hosted form, from what appears in the developer sandbox account that I am using. Go to Account->Settings->Payment Form and there are options for color and font, header/footer text and form fields show/hide/require.

But none of the customizations appear in the hosted form in amember. Could it be because aMember is not communicating (via API) with Authorize that the customizable 'Payment Form' is to be shown?
  10. pjman

pjman Member

It would be huge to be able to edit that form. Alex any ideas on if that can integrated into the Authorize.net plugin?
  11. educator_classroom

educator_classroom New Member

The hosted form API that amember uses (http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/customer_profiles.html) allows only the heading background color to be changed. So aMember is not responsible here, but Authorize. Maybe the custom payment form settings will be used by Authorize if the form is shown on Authorize.net, and not as an iframe within aMember. But it seems the redirect does not work from aMember.

The other issue with the billing form not showing * for required fields can be solved by adding the parameter "hostedProfileBillingAddressRequired" set to true in the authorize-cim.php plugin file (around line #940).