Redirection to /members/

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by netunicum, Jul 27, 2013.

1. netunicum

netunicum New Member

Hello,

I am into the last version of amember.

I have install it like that :

/home/user/public_html/wordpress/membre

Wordpress : the directory where wordpress is installed
    membre : the directory where amember is installed.

The installation ok, the configuration ok, i have put the wordpress plugin, all work ok but, when i disconnect from the admin area, and try to reconnect i have the login page of the admin area, but, when i valid, i'm redirected to : http://mywebsite.com/members

I don't know where he have /members, i dont configure it, i have reinstall amember, and it's the same issue.

I have make into the configuration the integration of the wordpress plugin.

I use the theme Karma from themeforest.

Regards
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Did you follow the installation instructions found here explicitly? These instructions will result in a working site. There is an installation video on this page; however, I think it is easier to perform the work as you read through the steps.
  3. netunicum

netunicum New Member

Thank you for your answer, yes of course i have follow the instruction, because all work at the first time until i don't disconnect the admin area

After disconnect the admin area, all work perfectly, but the admin area redirect to /members after the login page
  4. gswaim

I have no idea what his means.
    You control where the user goes after login on the Configuration -> Login page as shown below.

config_login.png
  5. netunicum

netunicum New Member

Thank you for your answer, it's not the page member who it make the problem.

It's the admin area. So when i go to : http://mywebsite.com/admin i have the login page for the admin. When i try to connect with my admin login information, it redirect to http://mywebsite.com/members.

The members (not admin) can connect without issues
  6. netunicum

netunicum New Member

I will try to more explain, excuse for my bad english.

I have a domain : www.mydomain.com pointing to /home/user/public_html

I have a subdomain sub.mydomain.com pointing to /home/user/public_html/sub

I have install amember into /home/user/public_html/sub/member

Installation OK
    Configuration OK
    User can log and subscribe and pay ok
    Admin backend ok

When i logoff from the admin area and i go to the login admin page, i have the login admin page, but, when i enter the informations to login and try to login, i'm redirected to sub.mydomain.com/members (i don't understand when he find the /members) and i'm not connected to the admin area, and when i put /admin he ask me for a new login page.

So Admin area work the first time until the admin don't log off.
  7. gswaim

8. netunicum

netunicum New Member

Thank you for you answer.

Accessing to www.mysite.com/sub/member/admin is not a problem, i have an access.

But after put my credential login, it's redirect to /members.

The page is displayed, it's an issue with the login redirection of the admin page
  9. gswaim

I am bowing out of this thread. There are too many contradicting statements and terminology that I do not understand. I stand on my initial response that this installation doesn't follow the instructions in the support wiki. The information on this page is important, but I will hit the highlights below.
    • WordPress should be in the root or a directory.
    • aMember should be in a directory.
    • There is no need for all the subdomains you are creating
    • You log into WordPress as an admin at the installation path to WordPress/wp-admin
    • You log into aMember as an admin at the installation path to aMember/admin
    • You do not try to link these two accounts. If you want to see WordPress as a user, create a test user account
    Good Luck
  10. netunicum

netunicum New Member

I have found the issue.

I have make a new installation, into a new domain and separate amember and wordpress installation.

After a fresh install i can logoff from amember admin page, and relogin, it's work.

It doesn't work after i check the case : Use the wordpress template , into the amember configuration of the wordpress plugin.
    Do you have any information about this bug or redirection ?

Regards
  11. gswaim

Nope
    ozlady likes this.