Recurring Payments with Authorize.net - how do it work?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by simonsays, Oct 29, 2012.

1. simonsays

simonsays aMember Pro Customer

We're attempting to implement Authorize.net and transition away for 1ShoppingCart and PayPal. I'm a little confused with how the Authorize CIM handles recurring payments. From what I can understand, the customers record in Amember initiates the recurring payment each period, is this correct? The reason I ask is that we see no recurring records with the Recurring Billing module in our Authorize.net account. And, it appears we need to disable recurring billing directly from the customers Amember record.

The reason I'm a little confused is that both PayPal and 1ShoppingCart initiate the next recurring payment and then update Amember. However, it appears with Authorize.net, Amember initiates communication to Authorize.net and then back to Amember again when the payment is made. Is that correct?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Simon,
    look at CIM (Customer Information Manager) at Authorize.Net, there will be saved user profiles with credit card info

Yes, rebill is initiated from aMember when time comes, and aMember immediately get result of rebill.
  3. austinsams

austinsams New Member

I use the Authorize.net CIM plugin on aMember 3.2.3PRO.
    The payment information goes directly from aMember to Authorize.Net.

I would like to start using the 1ShoppingCart.
    I know this is possible for NEW orders, but curious about existing users.
    I have over 1000 users paying monthly and right now use aMember.
    These people do NOT have user records in 1ShoppingCart, but they do have profiles in Authorize.net CIM.

OPTION #1:
    Use the 1ShoppingCart plugin (still on aMember 3.2.3PRO).

Is it possible for these "current" users to get a 1ShoppingCart user record? (without having them give me their credit card again.) I just want them to connect to their existing Authorize.net CIM profile where the credit card is stored.

OPTION #2:
    Is a migration possible from aMember to 1ShoppingCart?

Where I export all of the aMember user records and then import them into 1ShoppingCart.
    Will it match up to the Authorize.net CIM profiles by Member ID and email address?
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015