Recurring payments using PayPal

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by umpquaweb, Aug 13, 2016.

1. umpquaweb

umpquaweb New Member

I want people to be able to click on a link, which will take them to aMember and they purchase a service, such as a maintenance plan.

I don't want to have to bill them for this service, I want it to be set up to automatically to come out of their PayPal account (or charged via PayPal).

I'm not certain I've set this up correctly. Does the recurring payment come from how it's set up in PayPal? Or is it dependent on how I set it up in aMember?

Second, I have had a couple of people purchase the monthly option and while it seems to work, their membership still shows that it's pending. Is it due to them not setting up a password? Do I need to do some sort of followup with them?

Third, and maybe this is too many questions for one post, but most of my clients haven't gone through aMember before, so I'm wondering what to do with them. Some prefer to get a statement and pay via check, so I wouldn't think they would need to be set up in aMember.
  2. benfitts

benfitts Member

1. The product terms have to be set to recurring. For example recurring every 1 month. That is what tells the payment processing app to recharge them every 1 month. It doesn't matter if you use authorize.net or PayPal or Google. You need to have the product set to bill recurring (or even bill every 1 year.)

2. Many subscriptions are "pending". This is common. This is someone who started the signup process but didn't finish. Maybe they don't like PayPal. Maybe they don't like the price. Maybe they just got confused. It's not uncommon to have a lot of members in pending status. You can email these members through aMember. You can also setup automatic emails to those members. This is under "pending invoice notifcations" in the email tab of aMember configuration.

3. It depends. Most of our clients offer online content for members. If someone paid by check we'd still need to add them to aMember so they could get access to their videos, downloads, etc. We'd create an account for them in aMember and add a manual payment.
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

i get pending for stripe a lot as dont have the card for cvv with them