Recurring Invoices

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by amemberanf, Nov 6, 2008.

1. amemberanf

amemberanf New Member

Hi,
    I have a few questions regarding invoicing that I am hoping someone can answer please:
    1) Is it possible to e-mail the customer the first invoice but not every other/recurring invoice?
    2) When the customer orders, is an invoice displayed on the confirmation screen where they can print it there?

The reason I ask is that I don't want customers to log in at all, as I am trying to use aMember for a phsyical/tangible product and not a membership/subscription site.

Thanks,

Giarnz
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

If your not dealing with virtual products and memberships, something like infusion may be better suited.

David
  3. amemberanf

amemberanf New Member

Hi David,
    Do you mean the Infusion CRM that costs around $5,000?

Thanks,

Giarnz
  4. davidm1

Yeah...
    What type of product is it? There are some amember plugins that will work with 3rd party CD producers/shippers.

I think skippybosco has developed one specifically for this.

David
  5. amemberanf

amemberanf New Member

Hi David,
    It's a tangible product and if I can get aMember to handle the recurring billing, then the rest I can look after.
  6. davidm1

Yes, you can have amember send an email upon the first payment. However the payment processor may send subsequent emails.

Yes, you can edit the thanks page which displays the payment information.
    You can also have a link to the invoice on the members page.

Suggest you download the trial and see what it can do in action.
    I have a free video on how to install amember (free membership required)

David
  7. amemberanf

amemberanf New Member

Hi David,
    Thanks, and I took your advice and downloaded the trial. aMember appears to be exactly what I need and I just have a few more questions please:

1) If I am using https on all amember signup pages, am I able to remove the redirect page which says "You will be automatically redirected to secure payment page in about 2 seconds"? This is shown after details are inputted into the signup form and just before the payment details page is shown.

2) Can the Phone Number field be moved to the signup page instead of the payment details page?

3) Is it possible to move the payment details to the first page, so that there is only a single-page checkout?

4) I also noticed that if I go through the first page (signup) and then proceed to pay but cancel, it appears as "Paid: NO, Status: NOT PAID". When I try to pay again with a new browser/session, it reports that the e-mail address is in use and I can't proceed. I found in the Admin Settings that "Require Unique Email" can be disabled; however, is this the only workaround for handling cart abandonment?

I know that I can just delete the user and let them try again, but this isn't a scalable solution. Lastly, if Question 3 is achievable (single-page-checkout), then this issue won't matter anymore.

5) It is at all possible to add "Shipping & Handling" and make it appear/calculate after the Sub-Total?

Thanks David,

Giarnz