Recurring after payment system change?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by JimmyStephans, Jul 27, 2011.

1. JimmyStephans

JimmyStephans Member

I have a site that is currently using Linkpoint gateway plugin, with recurring memberships.

If I change plugins to another system, whats the best way to handle it?

Make current people resubscribe?

Hide current product, make new product with new plugin?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Set the old product as a negative price group so its hidden but continues to rebill. Make a new product and payment system for the new members.

David
  3. JimmyStephans

JimmyStephans Member

Thanks David!
  4. celina

celina Member

Hey Jimmy,
    how is your rebill success rate going with linkpoint? i'm using the same plugin but with many rebill failures, and thinking about moving to another system that might have better results.
  5. JimmyStephans

JimmyStephans Member

Wow, I hate to bring up a real old thread... but need help again.

I did this on a newer site using 3.2.4PRO and it worked fine until this week. EXAMPLE:

Started site with payment system 1.

After six months switched new sign-ups to payment system 2 and set negative price point for payment system 1. All worked perfect.

After another six months tried to reverse and make Payment system 1 on sign-up page, payment system 2 hidden and negative price group.

Worked except payment system 1 no longer rebills any subscriptions place before it was switched back to be primary this week.

Any hints?

Also, they both offer exact same thing (30 days at 24.95, recurring at 19.95). With this type of changing what should things like Scope and Renewal Group be set at?

Thanks