Recommended Member Limit?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by tanya, Feb 22, 2016.

1. tanya

tanya New Member

Is there any recommended member limit where aMember gets bogged down? i.e. I'm wanting to add more products and I have quite a large member base already so am wondering if it's best to purchase and install a second aMember script. What are the limitations as far as member numbers go does anyone know?
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The limitation would depend on what you are running as your web server. Generally it would not be aMember that starts to bog down it would be the subscribers accessing the content.

It is really quite easy to go to SoftLayer ... spin up a dedicated mySQL server and run multiple web servers from a load balancer and you could serve as many people as you wanted ;-)
    caesar and tanya like this.
  3. tanya

tanya New Member

Awesome thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. In other words I could literally have over 20k members and if at any point the website is slow to access I'd just need to look at upgrading my server and it would be ok again?
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The limiting factor is generally always delivering the content they pay for not aMember.
    tanya likes this.