Questions before purchase

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by nghia, May 22, 2004.

1. nghia

nghia Guest

Hello,

I'm evaluating aMember for my site. I have a couple of questions :

1/ I'm using Vbulleting 2.3.0. I believe the plugin is compatible with this version. I already have +8000 members in Vb db, when one of them will get a paid membership, what will happen when they register to aMember? Will the script detect that the username is already in Vb db?

2/ Is it possible to export the data into excel or any other ways so i can run some statistics ?

3/ Is it possible to protect pages and not only directories?

4/ Is it possible to set up custom registration fields like (age, sex, location, occupation.....) using radio, drop down....

Thank you !
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

3. nghia

nghia Guest

Thank you for your prompt reply Alex!

"you may keep users registration enabled, but restrict default usergroup (again using forum controls). Then you create new usergroups (for paid users) and paid customers will belong to these usergroups. We recommend you this way"

Can you explain a little more? I'm not sure to understand. Why do you recommend that way instead of the other.

Also, when i add custom fields in aMember registration, does it sync with the fields with Vbulletin registration? What data are synced?
  4. alex

I'm ready to explain, but I'm not sure what exactly. Please ask any questions.

No, new fields will not be synced. Only username, password and email will be kept in sync by aMember plugin.
  5. nghia

nghia Guest

Hi Alex,

I was ready to order. But in the order form, there is only Vbulletin 3 check box. I'm using Vbulletin 2.3.0, should i pick it anyway? Let me know.

Also how does the installation work?
  6. alex

Yes, order vBulletin3 plugin, we will send you vB2 plugin by request (support@cgi-central.net)

Free installation works easy - after order, you get login info for cgi-central.net members area. Then you login and submit installation request form. Your request will be executed within 24 hours.