Questions about preventing sharing

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by smelni, Feb 4, 2004.

1. smelni

smelni Guest

I am very interested in this product and will likely buy it but i have a couple of questions.

I wanted to see if this package can prevent certain types of sharing

1 - can it prevent sharing of logins and passwords by many users?

2 - Can it prevent someone from downloading a file (pdf or word doc) and then posting it or reselling it on another site? I would like to be able to post a file and have someone print it when they want to but that is all.

3 - Can it prevent someone from opening a file and printing it hundreds of times to resell it?
  2. ats

ats New Member

The answer to your question for #1, is YES it can prevent sharing of logins and passwords by multiple users.

For question #2, anytime someone is able to download a file, they then have it saved on their computer and can do as they wish with that file. I would not allow the file to be downloaded, but only viewed. Maybe even use watermarks if you have too, that have your URL accross the page very faint. This script does not handle this directly.

As for #3, No the script cannot handle this directly.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. Yes, it is possible.

2 and 3. It is something that web application cannot do for you at all. You should seek for some Windows software to make this part of job.
  4. hong

hong New Member

#1 is Yes, How to setup in admin?
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Yes.

David