Questions about Amember Pro and Wordpress functionality

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by datehottergirls, Mar 12, 2012.

1. datehottergirls

datehottergirls New Member

Hey guys, I have already integrated Amember into a website that I am having great success on, however, I am beginning work on another, much more complicated project and I wanted to make sure that Amember was the appropriate solution.

Here are the questions that I have about amember functionality, specifically with its integration with wordpress.

1) Is it possible for each individual user for my site have their own personal page visible only to them after login?
    2) Is there a way to get the amember database user id through code? I plan on performing database operations upon user logon or command, but for that I will need an operation similar to wordpress'
    wp_get_current_user​
    () (and I know amember IDs are not tied to wordpress IDs in any way)​

Basically, I will use amember and wordpress as my "base" for a membership site, and try to customize it through php.

Thanks in advance
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Of course it possible.

1) Do you need to server that page as a simple PHP page? (look at Am_Lite then) or within Wordpress?
    If you send me more information about your task (PM me if necessary), I will try to give you more information.

2) Sure. http://www.amember.com/docs/API/Lite
    I hope Alexander will answer tomorrow about a way to do that from WP with Amember integration enabled.
  3. datehottergirls

datehottergirls New Member

1) Ideally we would like all of our pages to be created in wordpress, but if all else fails, serving it up as a single PHP page and jacking all the wordpress templates should be fine by me.

2) Excellent :) Thank you very much for your help
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

In regards to aMember's user ID.
    I guess you need to get user_id of logged in user?
    PHP:
    $user am4PluginsManager::getAPI()->getUser();
    echo 
    $user['user_id']; 
    am4PluginsManager::getAPI() returns Am_Lite instance so all Am_Lite functionality will work