Question..

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Sean, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Sean

Sean Guest

Here's my problem. I am designing a site for a client, CMS based, this site will have subscription areas as well as a software product (and more to follow) that can be purchased (few flavors, like aMember, a trial, paid, etc..). Now the software downloads, I purchased ***** to control, but was going to write a subscriptions manager myself...now I may not...:)

Just want to know if aMember can handle download managment..not worried about people gaining multple access to the download so much as the product has it's own built in protections (creates unique id from users PC and then is used to generate a key on site..:) )

Also need to know cost of the vB plugin..can't find any info on that anywhere other then a general range...
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for the link.

Now next question..exactly what does the plug in do? Members sign up via aMember and automatically get inputted into vB database? Or visa-versa? just want to know how integretion works a little better.
  4. alex

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks. I also found the online docs and read thru them. Building plugin's doesn't seem to difficult either...Would like to integrate ***** into aMember (***** handles digital download by storing them in a mySQL db so they can't be linked to...very secure method. ;)). I suppose I could right a plugin to add a user record to *****'s members database. I went thru the demo..looks good....thanks.
  6. alex

Of course, it is more or less easy to write such a plugin. But I recommend you to order aMember Pro and make sure you really need this ***** :) I believe, that is something is secured with username and password, it is secured with username and password - not more and not less. And it doesn't make sense where file stored - in the database or in the filesystem.