Question, Not A Pre-sale Question Though.

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by booch, Jul 22, 2003.

1. booch

booch Guest

I just recently bought aMember but I have no use for it now, am I able to resell it and transfer it over to another person like vBulletin allows you to do?

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. booch

booch Guest

3. Christos

Christos Guest

Hi,

if you have the "temporary" license for the Domain name, then I think it should be possible.

If you have already received the full license number which is valid for ever, then I don't think that this would be possible as you could still use it for your domain (You would not be allowed to do, but technicaly you would be able to use it).

If you would resell your license then the new user would need to reorder another license key, valid for his domain and he would need to request a login for the members area to receive the updates and to buy plugins.

What I don't understand is, how did it happend to order aMember Pro, when you don't need it.
    For testing, aMember Free is a good choice.

However, address your request to support@cgi-central.net to receive a quick answer as these guys are too busy at the moment and the Forum has lower priority then the support.

Cheers,
    Christos
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, as individual exception, I may allow you to transfer license. You may do it in 3 months from date of order.