Question for those using Authorize.net gateway with amember

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by playpianoking, Oct 26, 2012.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

1) Are you using the amember shopping cart?
    2) What merchant account provider are you using with authorize.net? Are you happy with them? How are the fees?

3) Can you use your gateway and merchant account on separate sites? For example, I have two websites selling different things. If I integrate amember with both, will I be able to use authorize.net gateway and the merchant account for both?
  2. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I think many of us probably have several e-commerce sites so if the gateway and merchant account can allow payments from multiple sites this is a huge feature, and I never here of anyone discussing this.

1shoppingcart is very expensive to work with amember ($129/mo) but it seems to allow products being sold from several different sites, which is a huge plus.
  3. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I was just doing test mode with authorize.net - After the user enters their name, email, and creates a username & password, they click next to the cc info page but at the top it already says they're logged in and it's kind of distracting when they haven't put in their payment information yet. I realize that amember creates a record, but can't this be done secretly without already having them logged in and showing them the distracting control panel buttons? Or alternatively, is there a way to have a one-page checkout with authorize.net?

Since we're using CIM, and the checkout page will have an SSL, and I'll have < 5,000 transactions per year, is there other compliance issues I should be worried about?
  4. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

And authorize.net is compliant right since we are only using CIM and the amember checkout page is on my SSL domain? But then why isn't Paypal Pro compliant since we also wouldn't be storing cc numbers and checkout is over an SSL domain?
  5. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

I think I've decided that I'll go with paypal pro because even though it's slightly more expensive, it's easier to manage, and it can also accept payments from multiple sites whereas authorize.net and a merchant account would have to be setup for each site which would end up costing more.