Question about User-Affiliate Relation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paolo1309, Aug 25, 2014.

1. paolo1309

paolo1309 New Member

I have two affiliates: A and B. If a user clicks on an A’s affiliate link, and later he clicks on a B’s affiliate link, then he makes the signup, which affiliate will he be associated to?
    Thanks!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Latest one eg. B. Please note affiliate assigned during user registration and do not changed in future.
  3. paolo1309

paolo1309 New Member

Thank you Caesar!

I noticed that the field "Affiliate Source" is sometimes setted with "Assigned by COOKIE" and others with "Assigned by IP." What does it mean? What is the difference?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

aMember save some marker in user browser and also save IP and date time of link click in own database.
    Then later when user register aMember first check browser cookie and in case it not find anything (user used another browser in same computer or cleared cookies in his browser) aMember try to determine affiliate by current user IP address.
  5. ratakan

ratakan New Member

It is possible to disable user affiliate relation?
  6. ratakan

ratakan New Member

I need to remove or disable the affiliate relation feature that locked user to initial affiliate.

I need to setup affiliate just from browser cookies eg: last cookies win just like JVZoo or ClickBank cookies and not to locked and assign the affiliate for lifetime. Also it's looks like if user has been registered to the site without affiliate, it will be lifetime cannot assigned to others affiliate anymore. Is this correct?

What I want is even user has been registered and in the futures user purchase products from other affiliate referal, the current affiliate that refer the user can get commissions.

Illustrations:

1. User A bought product X from affiliate link B, affiliate B get commission.
    2. User A bought product Y from affiliate link C, affiliate C get commission.
    3. User A bought product Z from affiliate link D, affiliate D get commission.