Provide Users with Remote Login Access through IOS & Android native App

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by cwwllc2, Dec 5, 2016.

1. cwwllc2

cwwllc2 New Member

Hello,

How would I be able to provide Subscribers with Remote Login Access through a IOS & Android native App? The aMember REST API feature does not create User Sessions/Cookies for login validation.

Thank you in advance!
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The API is more a remote admin interface, what I did for another site (not aMember based but the same theory) was create an API that had a way to pair/unpair the device when paired (in effect a session) the device could make requests for stuff as defined by the site requirements. We also put into the web side the ability for the user/admin to manually unpair a device so that a lost device could be disconnected.

I suppose it would be possible to build a simple API like Am_Lite but any site actions would still need to be coded into the app's API system as well.
  3. cwwllc2

cwwllc2 New Member

So, after User successfully logs in through the App, will User be able to be immediately re-routed to the "Secure Content" on aMember without having to login?
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

If we are talking about my example the custom app and api decide what is happening at all times. Seems like you are trying to build an app that emulates the web interface you know that is against Apple App Store rules huh?
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. cwwllc2

cwwllc2 New Member

Can you share a link to that App so I can get a clearer understanding?

Also, what would be the turn-around time and cost? Thanks.
  6. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

As I said it is NOT aMember based ChannelPace is a business information system, the app is on Apple/Android store once you register you can pair your device and your web information is available on your phone.

There is no way I can quote as to cost as apart from pairing you have provided no detail at all about what the API side needs to provide to the app(s) do you have a developer for your app(s)? Generally a full blown real one costs heaps ... I would not even be interested unless I knew the person doing the app side is a serious developer and not a Cordova(etc) kiddie.