Protecting Posts with Two Products

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by chad_bps, Nov 28, 2014.

1. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

I am using aMember with WordPress. I have two product categories A & B.

If the customer purchases product category A, they have access to certain posts. Same with product category B.

But I have special posts I want to offer to people who have purchases both A AND B. It looks looks like all aMember protection is A OR B. I've tried all sorts of combination of protection settings for the post and WordPress post categories, but if the member has either A or B, they get access to this special content.

What am I missing? Is aMember unable to protect for both-and, so it simply protects either-or?

Thank you for any help!
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Have a product 'C' that is A+B?
  3. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

Thanks for the idea thehpmc, but that creates other issues. It actually just shifts the problem to a different point in the timeline. Instead of deciding what posts to show them based on what they've purchased, I'm deciding what product to sell them based on what they've already purchased.

Is there no way to protect content based on a "logical AND" combination of products?
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

OK, remember I have no idea of structure of your site so whether following is workable.

Have your common pages outside direct control of aMember as plain PHP pages.

Now use the aMember api/lite function (http://www.amember.com/docs/API/Lite) to determine if visitor has membership of 'A' or 'B' and only display those pages if they do. If they don't have required membership then redirect them to a sales page where they can join up with you.