Protecting Digital Publication

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by christie_len, Jul 6, 2012.

1. christie_len

christie_len New Member

Hi there, firstly, my apologies if this is going over old ground - I'm researching which online membership solution is best for our publication and an important issue is whether we can protect a digital edition of our publication which is made/hosted by YUDU, and which is accessed via a link.

I only want my paying subscribers to access this edition, but if i just put the link up in a protected area, and they click on it, there is nothing to stop someone from copying the address and posting that on a forum, or whatever. An example of a yudu publication address is: http://content.yudu.com/A1sk06/vwus...ttp://appportfolio.yudu.com/sidebar/editions/

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience, and had worked a way around it. I am also looking into what YUDO offer in terms of access control, but obviously it suits me best if we only have to ask our readers to remember one set of login details, preferably amember's!

I have very limited coding knowledge, I leave that to my betters, so this is really just a fact finding mission at the moment. Thanks for any help.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think what you are asking is can amember provide protection for a monthly online publication, where only active members of a current month, get access to the current months content.

What about older content?

Amember out of the box can protect content access from having the URL passed around. The 'of the month' model is a little more tricky at the moment. But I think amember is working on a wordpress plugin for this.

David