Protecting Amazon S3 Videos

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by certifysolo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. certifysolo

certifysolo New Member

I'm going to be using quite a bit of video for my website. I would like for these videos to be protected. Is it possible to load these videos into Amazon S3 for storage and have aMember protect the videos on my site?

Thanks!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This will be possible in next aMember PRO version 4.2.0
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

I saw on another thread that it will be possible to do this with ftp as well? Is this true for just videos or will we have the ability to do this for pdf files as well? I ask because uploading pdfs through amember is time consuming and ftp allows us to bulk upload and save hours. (each product has multiple pdfs, zip files, videos, etc. that come with it)

Thanks!
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Tami, yes, this feature in 4.2.0 is enabled for downloads and videos: uploads (as is now) + ftp uploads + Amazon S3 sharing.
  5. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Hey Alex, just wondering, when do you think you'll have it released? Also, will I have to pay $80 to get this upgraded software since my 6 months is done a while back?

Thanks!
  6. alex

I hate to make any promises about such things, but 4.2.x will be released next week.
  7. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Oh awesome alex!How exactly would it protect amazon s3? Here's my setup. I have jwplayer on a standalone page playing my videos with an xml file as a playlist. Would aMember be able to generate links from my amazon s3 video real links? Is it possible to do something on amazon s3's side because I know the files are accessible by anyone. Any way to lock it down to my domain only?

Thanks and good luck Alex!
  8. alex

aMember will generate temporary links that will expire after 1 hour. Of course these links will generated only for those who has access to. It is possible to do with Amazon S3.
  9. stefano619

stefano619 New Member

Hi i just installed aMember Pro™ 4.2.6, now there is a guide how to generate temporary links that will expire after 1 hour. thx in advance
    Stefano