Protected Wordpress Site, Video, Flowplayer

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by geoffrey_zibell, Aug 12, 2013.

1. geoffrey_zibell

geoffrey_zibell New Member

Hey Everyone,

I am working on putting together a public website with a members only component. I would like to build a WordPress site at domain.com and then build a members only component on a subdomain.

In the end I would like to have a members only site with protected videos. I have researched and wanted to confirm a few things before buying.

1)I hear amember uses flowplayer and videos can be directly uploaded through amember to either my hosting provider or amazon s3 for better distribution. How well does this setup handle mobile? Is there any conversions in place for users with poor internet connections?

2)Can I protect an entire wordpress site and all of its contents with amember? I would like to have a members sign in page on my primary site that would redirect authenticated users to the members site.

3)Obviously if a user buys a membership they will have access to the members area. Is it possible to setup a "dealer membership" level and allow them to create an unlimited number of free member accounts? The member area that I am building would be targeted to dealers offering this as a value add to their customers. If the dealer didn't pay their access and any users that they created acces would be revoked. Is this possible?

4)If #3 is not possible how would I do this? I don't really want the dealer's login to be handed out to possibly hundreds of clients. Create a generic free membership for each paying dealer and then just manually disable it if they stop paying?

5)I would like to offer the membership to dealers and allow them to create free member account for their clients and also sell to individual clients whos dealer does not currently have a membership.

I would be greatly appreciated if I could get some answers to some of these questions.

Thanks
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Geoffrey,
    thank you for contacting us!

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, Geoffrey Zibell wrote:
    > I am working on putting together a public website with a members only > component. I would like to build a WordPress site and then build a members > only component on a subdomain. > > In the end I would like to have a members only site with protected videos. > I have researched and wanted to confirm a few things before buying. > > 1)I hear amember uses flowplayer and videos can be directly uploaded > through amember to either my hosting provider or amazon s3 for better > distribution. How well does this setup handle mobile? Is there any > conversions in place for users with poor internet connections?
    It will work for mobile users (tested with Android and on Apple devices),
    but unfortunately there is no multi-format support or online conversion for slow lines.

If that is a real problem, I can try to find and after your approval implement
    integration of aMember with a third-party video hosting service that can do this.

> 2)Can I protect an entire wordpress site and all of its contents with
    > amember? I would like to have a members sign in page on my primary site
    > that would redirect authenticated users to the members site.
    Yes, it can be done but usually it is not necessary.
    > 3)Obviously if a user buys a membership they will have access to the > members area. Is it possible to setup a "dealer membership" level and allow > them to create an unlimited number of free member accounts? The member area > that I am building would be targeted to dealers offering this as a value > add to their customers. If the dealer didn't pay their access and any users > that they created acces would be revoked. Is this possible?

Yes, it is possible with additional Subusers module we are offering ($100)
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Subusersit will work as you described. You may limit number of users that dealers can create.

> 5)I would like to offer the membership to dealers and allow them to create
    > free member account for their clients and also sell to individual clients
    > at a different price point whos dealer does not currently have a membership.
    It is possible and easy. You may have several signup forms - each with their own
    options and subscriptions plans.
    > I would be greatly appreciated if I could get some answers to some of these > questions. > > Thanks
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Geoffrey,
    lets continue discussion in the helpdesk.
  4. geoffrey_zibell

geoffrey_zibell New Member

I have just a couple more questions on Amember. So it is possible to base the theme on the login page. I am assuming that this will only apply to "pages" created via Amember? The site I am building will be a training site with a ton of video content that I want to be sortable and searchable. I have a wordpress theme that can handle this well. So I am wondering if I plan on using wordpress to handle to content of the member site and amember to protect it is there still any white label options?

The second questions it multiple logins from the same user information. Can the same username and password be used from multiple computers at the same time? I would like to only allow one login per user at any time. Can amember issue a pop up saying I'm sorry, this user if currently logged in from another pc or similar?

Third question, It looks like on your website you say that I could use worldpay as a merchant account for processing payments. I also saw in your demo account that the software is currently not pci compliant. Can I use any other merchant processing other than World Pay and is there a timeline as to when the software will be deemed pci compliant or not? I know there is paypal but I think for selling to dealers having direct pay by credit card will be important.