Protected the wrong folder

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by republic, Apr 18, 2012.

1. republic

republic New Member

I just bought and installed aMember v4.1.15 yesterday, and in playing around with it and trying to better understand protected folders, I accidentally set aMember to protect the folder directory that has my Wordpress installation in it (public_html/members). As a result, when I attempt to access the login for the WP Admin Dashboard, I get redirected away to the aMember sign-in page because of the protection settings. Likewise, it appears that images, CSS, and other page elements no longer load on the main page of the WP blog - I imagine because of the same reason.

To try and undo this gaffe, I did as recommended in the program and deleted the folder record I created, then went to Utilities -> Rebuild Db -> Rebuild Core Database. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I also tried Rebuild Wordpress Database, but to no avail. I then tried to create a folder record to temporarily allow free access to /members just to see if it made a difference and (after rebuilding the database) unfortunately there was no change. After that, as a last ditch effort, I deleted the aMember directory on the server, reinstalled it to the same location (public_html/amember), and went through setup a second time, but the same problem persists.

What can be done to fix the situation? Thank you so much for your time and help!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Delete .htaccess file from your /members/ folder. It seems that .htaccess file still holds aMember protection code inside.
  3. republic

republic New Member

Thank you so much Alexander - I'm back in business! I do have a couple other semi-related questions that come to mind as I'm going about setting up aMember.

My sales flow currently has Clickbank in front of aMember. I noticed on my test purchase that the account was successfully added, but the customer was only sent a User ID and no password. My test user was able to get a password by recovering it through aMember, but that's not really a solution. Is there a way to ensure that new users get sent a User ID and a password in that initial message?

My other question has to do with something on the Clickbank plugins page. I noticed that under the installation area there are a couple links provided for the TY page and the Instant Notification URL, namely:

Code:
     4. Configure ThankYou Page URL in your ClickBank account (for each Product) to this URL:
        http://www.sitename.com/amember/payment/clickbank/thanks

5. Configure Instant Notification URL in your ClickBank account
        ( Account Settings -> My Site -> Advanced Tools -> Edit )
        to this URL: http://www.sitename.com/amember/payment/clickbank/ipn
        Set version to 2.1
    I checked my site's FTP and I don't have file paths that match up to these values under my amember directory. I appear to have amember/application, amember/data, amember/library, and amember/setup. I would assume that the Instant Notification URL works because new users were successfully added to aMember when running through the test purchase, but I just want to be certain that everything looks proper.

Thank you again for your time and assistance!
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Enable aMember CP -> Setup -> Email -> Send registration email

These urls are virtual, there is no real files on these locations, aMember translate these urls and maps each url to file.