Project to include Members Area + Forum + Shop

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by mwalsh, Jan 15, 2010.

1. mwalsh

mwalsh New Member

Hi,

We need to produce a website that offers the following functionality:

1. Online shop where users can purchase 1 years access to a members area on the website and also simultaneously purchase other tangible products that would be shipped to the customer, they can add both the members area access and tangible products to their shopping cart and checkout. Payment taken by PayPal.
    2. A discussion forum, users should be able to log-in using the same details they use to access the websites' members area. This is also open to visitors who have not purchased access to the websites' members area.

At the moment I am thinking aMember + Wordpress + SimplePress Forum and WP e-Commerce with some customisations to include the members area product.

What do you think? Is this the best approach? Perhaps it's too much to ask to get all seperate plugins talking?

We're also keen to hear from developers who could build the framwork for the site in terms of getting the PHP, DB and PayPal aspects working and rough costs for doing so. We can handle the design and styling aspects.

Many thanks
  2. Sergei

Sergei aMember Pro Customer

3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

I love your approach. aMember + Wordpress + SimplePress Forum is my favorite way to build a membership site.

I've got two plugins that can allow you to set up physical products in aMember and add shipping charges. They are nowhere near a full-blown e-commerce shopping cart but depending on your needs they might suffice.

If there's a good e-Commerce plugin for WordPress that you have in mind I'm sure we can make it all work together.

I love doing web site development where I make the framework work (and all the pieces talk together) and someone else makes it look pretty. So I think we might be a good fit.

Please contact me through my web site at http://kencinnus.com/contact/ and perhaps we can set up a call to talk it over a little more and see what we can make work.