Product Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by karyng01, Feb 9, 2015.

1. karyng01

karyng01 aMember Pro Customer

Though I have been using aMember for years this is the first time I am looking at how to do a product upgrade, so forgive my four basic questions.

Product Setup
    Product A - 12 months membership (3 equal payments for first 3 months then no charge)
    Product B - 12 months membership (3 equal payments for first 3 months then no charge)

Question 1: If a customer buys Product A and decides within the 12 months of membership they wish to upgrade to Product B can aMember calculate the unused amount from the previous subscription and apply it to the new subscription?

Question 2: Will aMember correctly calculate the unused upgrade amount out of 12 months or only the first 3 months when the billing happens?

Question 3: Does aMember see the remaining 9 months as free when making the upgrade amount calculation if the customer upgrades after the first 3 months are used? Though they are only billed 3 times for the first 3 months I want the full payment value spread out over the 12 month product period, is this possible?

Manage Product Upgrade Paths
    The Manage Product Upgrade Paths seems to allow this using the default upgrade price calculation type, BUT I am using 1ShoppingCart in front of aMember for purchases, so can this work with the upgrade link that's supposed to be shown in the Payment History tab?

Question 4: If the customer clicks on the upgrade link, will aMember correctly bill 1ShoppingCart the dynamically calculated upgrade amount if the original purchase happened using 1ShoppingCart in front of aMember?

Thanks for any help you can share with me.

Aly
  2. oxxido

oxxido New Member

Hey Aly, did you solve your problem? I have some of the same questions
  3. karyng01

karyng01 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Oxxido,

Unfortunately I never figured this one out, I gave up and changed the membership model to something simpler. Good luck with the research, I would still be interested in any answers you may find out if you care to post them.

Aly
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

It is not possible to use upgrade feature in case of 1ShoppingCart. 1ShoppingCart payment plugin can not handle dynamic prices.