Product options

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by simon_vernon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. simon_vernon

simon_vernon New Member

I seem to see conflicting information on this so I thought I would ask here for clarification.

I would like to use amember for a site that I plan to sell website templates, Id like to know if this configuration is possible.

A user purchases a template called template1, during the purchase of this product they have extra options for exaple:

1 - Branded Free = $25
    2. Install = $30
    3. Logo change = $15

If none are selected then the the purchase of temaplate1 is straight forward and they can proceed to download but what about if any or all of the extra options are selected. Option 1 would mean downloading a different package but option 2 & 3 would not, only a notification would need to be sent to a support member or something similar.

Can amember handle this?

Thanks in advance.
    Simon
  2. simon_vernon

simon_vernon New Member

3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

In this situation I recommend to create two separate products for template1 :
    template1 and template1 Branded Free then offer other products (Install, Logo change) as an options.
    If you will offer "Branded Free" as an option as well, user will see two download links in member's area and this will be confusing.
  4. thecbclub1

thecbclub1 New Member

Sounds complex. You should contact aMember support for this one. If a user had the 2 links (regular and branded-free) in their member's area, they would probably be able to download the branded-free one if they wanted without paying extra. As for sending install and logo changes notifications to your admins, I am not sure that is currently possible in aMember without some serious code modification.