Product Expiration Email - Crontab

Discussion in 'Installation' started by engineerwsu, Mar 12, 2018.

1. engineerwsu

engineerwsu Member

I'm trying to get product expiration emails working. At this point I'm only trying to test the feature manually, then I'll move on to setup in crontab. When I setup a product expiration email in the 'protect content' section, should an entry be made in the http://website.com/amember/cron.php file? I created a new expiration email and saved it. However the cron.php file is unchanged. Is there maybe another location where this might be saved?

I can manually launch the cron.php page which I assume should take care of all the periodic tasks that would then be executed by cron. I have enabled external cron in the 'config' > 'advanced' section.

I also wonder about setting the security of cron.php to only allow launch by an admin and then set up crontab to launch using that user's credentials. This would be a security measure to keep a bot from repeatedly executing the cron.php file. I'm wanting to curb any malicious intent.

thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

aMember store all data to database. Cron file should not be changed.

It is not necessary to add any security. You can trigger this url as many times as you want.
    It does not matter. In any way task will be executed only once.

Best Regards.