Problems with confirmation page from WorldPay

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by bennyuk1, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bennyuk1

bennyuk1 aMember Pro Customer

v4.2.6 When returning from worldPay payments, the site is diplayed in some sort of "worldPay iframe" with the url starting
    https://secure-test.worldpay.com/wcc/card?

The trouble is that all the CSS styling is missing so the page looks a messs. Its a wordpress sites, and the confirmation message gets displayed between the header and teh footer, but with the sites css not there its a mess.

Please can you let me know if I can edit a file to REMOVE the wp header and footer area to just dislpaying thye shopper confirmation message with a link bakc to the full site.

Thanks

Ben
  2. bennyuk1

any ideas n how to remove the wordress theme header and footer JUST on the return page from worldpay, the page that diplays "Thanks you for Signing up"????
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Have no idea about wordpress related problems but just a thought have you considered using your normal page with the WorldPay details contained within an iFrame?

That way the main page will have its css intact and separate from the iFrame which will likewise have its css intact and separate from main page.
  4. bennyuk1

Dont thionk the iframe is possible with worldpay. I spoke to worldpay and the way there system works is that they take a snapshot of the reutn payment page on your site, strip out all javascript and then show a copy of it on their servers before passing you back to te shop.

The main way to make this better woudl be to have a general thanks page in amamber that is basic text that just displays te "Thanks for paying" text details (amount, inv numbe, status etc) with a simple return to site link at the bottom.

Alex, is it possible to get a basic page to display the results with a simple "return to site" button to make the worldpay payments work effectively?
  5. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

I also use WorldPay but cannot honestly remember what displays after payment!

Bear with me and I'll do a test payment and let you know what happens on my own site, however your problem might be caused by using Wordpress.

Have you customised your WorldPay payment pages?
  6. bennyuk1

It's definatley the wordpress headers that are screwing things up. The info displays but the styling is stripped out so I really need to get amamber to display a page WITHOUT it having the wordpress header and footer info.

Does anyone else have this problem?
  7. bennyuk1

OK, I've managed to bodge a solution (gonna have a hell of a nightmare when I decide to upgrade!!!!!)

I edited 1 file and created a new file
    edited line 3 of application/default/views/thanks.phtml
    to have
    Code:
    ($this->setLayout('layout2.phtml'); ?>
    Then I created this new "layout2.phtml" in app/views/plugins/protect/wordpress/default/
    ans removed the header and footer parts, so it changed from

Code:
    <?php
    Am_Di::getInstance()->plugins_protect->get('wordpress')->startLayout($this, $title, true);
    get_header();
    ?>
    <?php
    include dirname(__FILE__)."/../amember.php";
    ?>
    <?php
    get_footer();
    ?>

to

Code:
    <?php
    include dirname(__FILE__)."/../amember.php";
    ?>

this allows the whoel wordpress headers to be removed so that the thank you page is just bare text.

I guess I could have pointed to an alternative amember.php file to customise it further, but this is enough for me at the mo.
  8. stuart_dawson

stuart_dawson New Member

Any further on this issue?

What exactly did worldpay change? And can it be fixed in the next update or not? If it can be fixed this is really urgent. It looks really unprofessional to have a screwed up thanks page or an empty one...
  9. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Please contact WorldPay support, there must be a setting to do full redirect to your own "thanks" page instead of displaying page in iframe. If there is such a way, please let us know and we will add this to documentation.

P.S. I would ask WorldPay support, but they won't talk to me as I am not their customer :(
  10. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Alex that is no problem if you want to talk with them direct. If you remember I gave you access to my test area so you could test V4 WorldPay plugin and I would be happy to let you know account details via helpdesk so you could simply claim you were developer wanting details working for me!!

That way they should have no objection talking with you.
  11. stuart_dawson

stuart_dawson New Member