Problems upgrading from 4.2.x to latest (5.5)

Discussion in 'Installation' started by john_thompson, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_thompson

john_thompson New Member

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question. i'm new to aMember.

Have a client that started out using 4.2.x. i upgraded him to 5.5 just now, but am seeing errors in my logs.

I ran through the upgrade instructions, downloading the custom install to go from my old version to 5.5

seemed to have worked b ut i got errors. Ran a CC tables update and it 'kind of' fixed things.

I can get into the admin now, but the CSS is borked a little. However, that's not my biggest problem.

in the logs I'm seeing repeated errors for line 26 in the Db.php file. line 26 are closing brackets for a function. I have no idea where to go from here.

any time I try to go to /amember/xx i get the following error:
    dberror.png
    I can get to /amember/admin OK. i get no more red errors in the dashboard, and things seem to be OK.

I ran the db repair (already did this manually on the DB directly) and rebuilt the db.

This is the error in the logs:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory at /www/data/XXX.com/html/amember/library/Am/Db.php line 26(2002) in query: new PDO

cannot figure out what this means. see below for what line 26 is: (highlighted line 26 with red box)
    line26.png

Not sure where to go.

thoughts?
  2. john_thompson

john_thompson New Member

Edit: nevermind, i fixed it.

FYI anyone getting this error, if you're working on a client site, make sure to verify whether aMember is using the same database as Wordpress. That was my issue.
    relapse and caesar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.