Problems Moving Past Step 6 of 6 of Installation

Discussion in 'Installation' started by tim_ferg, Jul 5, 2013.

1. tim_ferg

tim_ferg New Member

Hi folks,

I've been using aMember for 7 years and been very satisfied. This year I encountered a problem I have never seen before. On arriving at the Step 6 of 6 screen, if I click any link to continue, I immediately get an HTTP 50o Internal Server Error.

When looking at the error file, it shows this:

File '/home/public_html/amember/config.inc.php' is already exists and non-empty. Please remove it or delete all content if you want to do full reconfiguration

If I delete the file, it takes me back to the Step 1 of 1 setup screen. As I re-enter all the information, I make it back to step 6 of 6 and experience the same HTTP 500 Internal Server Error and error message. It's like I hit a wall once reaching step 6 of 6!

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Tim
  2. tim_ferg

tim_ferg New Member

The other thing I notice is:

SoftException in Application.cpp:601: Directory "/home/public_html/amember" is writeable by group, referer: "/amember/setup.php?step=5"

Just showing I am having trouble getting off the page of Step 6 of 6 when clicking any link on that page. Like previous years where we have successfully installed, we have all folders set to permission 755.
  3. tim_ferg

tim_ferg New Member

Well, I'll close the loop here. I never got a definitive answer as to the problem (as in "fix X" or "change Y"), but aMember support said I needed to update my version of aMember from the version 3 I was running to version 4.x as the version I was using was not compatible with the latest PHP release.

I did that and everything seems to be working fine now. Maybe this will help someone else downstream experiencing a similar problem as mine. It's not a clear, clean answer, but it is a possible solution if in a pinch.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You did get a definitive answer really. V3 was written for older versions of PHP and several routines used in the script became deprecated in later versions of PHP.

There really is no fix other than downgrading the installed version of PHP on the server to Version4.xx

Actually this thread does raise an interesting point. When asking for help on the forum ALWAYS post what version of aMember you are using and what version of PHP installed on the server it might increase chances of more responses with better related help.