Problem with vBulletin

Discussion in 'Installation' started by oliver_kenyon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. oliver_kenyon

oliver_kenyon Member

Good day. I've integrated amember with my vbulletin 4 forum, everything is cool except of one thing.

I have a usergroup that users get automatically promoted to when they have 10 posts or more. It's done via vbulletin's Promotions menu under Usergroups menu in vbulletin admin panel. The problem is when amember is handling registrations for vbulletin, it sets two groups for the users - the default one and the one they should be automatically promoted to after they made 10 posts, which is obviously not how I want it to be. I just want it to be one default group for new users and that's it.

I compared the user records in the db, when a new user is registered via amember - it adds that default group id to userid db field (which is as it should be), then it adds promotional group id to the membergroupids (which it shouldn't be doing) and it also adds default group id to the displaygroupid field (which it shouldn't be doing also).

Can you please advice how can I get over this issue?

Thanks in advance.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Plugin adds groups which you configured in amember CP -> Protect Content -> integrations.
    So please check integration settings and make sure that you haven't selected your promotion group on that screen.