Problem with Vanilla Plugin

Discussion in 'Integration' started by arkventures, Nov 14, 2009.

1. arkventures

arkventures New Member

I just purchased the vanilla plugin for amember. I got it installed and it is combining the user databases successfully, the problem that I am having is that it is not syncing up the log ins. I will be logged in on amember and then when I go to vanilla, it says I am signed out and need to log in. I tried to rebuild the database and went through the install instructions a few times, to no avail. I read one other post on this issue from back in january '08 that doesn't appear to have been resolved, so hopefully this is not an issue with the plugin that i paid for!

Can someone from amember support get back to me on this, or someone who may have a fix?

Thanks!!
    Ashley
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Ashley,
    Please contact us in helpdesk, I will check what can be wrong
  3. wardeh

wardeh New Member

I am having the same issue - have already contacted support. Hoping for resolution also!
  4. fertilepress

fertilepress Member

Was this ever resolved? What was the issue and the solution?
  5. alexander

fertilepress ,
    Did you enable vanilla integration in aMember products settings?
    aMember CP -> Manage Products -> Edit Product -> Vanilla access?
  6. jeff_hunt

jeff_hunt Guest

I can't find a "Vanilla Access" option. Does it still exist? I'm having the same problem. Also can't find a Vanilla plugin or equivalent.
  7. alexander

I guess you have aMember v4 installed?
    If so, first you need to install and configure vanilla plugin(It is available for purchae from your amember.com account), then in order to set integration between amember and vanilla use amember CP -> protect Content -> Integrations
    jeff_hunt likes this.
  8. jeff_hunt

jeff_hunt Guest

Thank you Alexander. Yes its v4. Under Protect Content>Integrations there is a pull down for "plugins" which only includes Wordpress for me at the moment. Should it also include Vanilla? I had expected to find a Vanilla plugin somewhere under Setup / Configuration > Plugins but can't find it listed in any of the categories.
  9. jeff_hunt

jeff_hunt Guest

Very sorry, I completely missed your sentence "first you need to install and configure vanilla plugin(It is available for purchae from your amember.com account)" That is what I needed to know. Thank you
  10. jeff_hunt

jeff_hunt Guest

I believe I have everything setup correctly now. aMember correctly inserts a new user record in the Vanilla and the Wordpress databases when a user registers. However, signing in and out of amember doesn't seem to also sign a user in or out of Vanilla. Where can I check to see what I've missed? Thanks!
  11. alexander

Make sure that both scripts(Vanilla and aMember) use the same domain name in Root URL.
    For example you will get single login issues if user is redirected from www.domain.com to domain.com on login.
    So both scripts should use the same domain name.