Problem with install V4.1.12 on Godaddy shared hosting

Discussion in 'Installation' started by intp, Feb 21, 2012.

1. intp

intp New Member

I'm trying to install aMember v4.1.12 (paid version) on Godaddy shared hosting per instructions located here:
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Installation

I can get as far as step 3 but then I get this error:

Seems your webhosting does not support mod_rewrite rules required by aMember. There may be several reasons:
    • You have not uploaded file amember/.htaccess (it might be hidden and invisble with default settings)​
    • Your webhosting has no mod_rewrite module enabled. Contact tech support to get it enabled​
    • Your webhosting uses software different from Apache webserver. It requires to convert rewrite rules located inamember/.htaccess file into the webserver native format. Contact webhosting tech for details.​
    You may continue aMember installation, but aMember will not work correctly until
    mod_rewrite
    issues are resolved.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I've contacted Godaddy and they've confirmed that mod_rewrite is enabled by default on their end.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

So, have you uploaded /amember/.htaccess file?
    Also, contact Godaddy support and ask to make sure that AllowOverride All is added to your server config.
    That directive allow to override config settings via htaccess file.
  3. intp

intp New Member

Thanks for the response.

I heard back from support and they had me add this line to the htaccess, just after the "RewriteEngine on" entry:

RewriteBase /amember

Since I have amember installed in a subfolder, that change did not work and I had to modify it accordingly:

RewriteBase /SUBFOLDERNAME/amember

After that change everything worked fine.