Print magazine subscription method?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by spacechimp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

I have a client who publishes 4 print magazines. I would like one program which would manage his subscriptions allowing him to sell magazines through the post whilst simultaneously giving his subscribed visitors access to a members area of the website where i will make a digital copy of the magazine available for ipad etc as well as offer members only articles.

Can Amember do this? if so do i need any additional software/plugins etc?
    I intend to add Amember to wordpress and bbpress so a wordpress plugin would be a viable option. In fact if joomla or any other CMS offers a plugin/component/whatever that anyone has found then that would be great.

Many Thanks in advance!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure you can use aMember for this. It can protect any type of digital content, in regards to physical delivery you can use export to get user's address, or custom plugin will be required (depends on what you need exactly)
    Also I recommend to use Wordpress it's more simple.
  3. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

Oh is the wordpress plugin ready? I thought it was still in Beta stages?
  4. alexander

5. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

Could I get a copy of the bbpress plugin please?
    Despite being logged in via aMember I'm getting "You must be logged in to create new topics." from the forum pages and have read on here that others have used a bbpress plugin to resolve the issue.

Many Thanks
  6. alexander

There is no separate vvpress plugin for aMember v4.
    Existing plugin should work.make sure that single login between aMember and wordpress is working.
    When you login into aMember try to open /wordpress/wp-admin/ and check are you logged in here or not?
  7. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

No it doesn't look like aMember is creating members in Wordpress, although i can post comments after logging in to the aMember login widget.

I've followed the integration instructions on the wiki and have tried putting the Default Level as both "forum participant" and "subscriber"
  8. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

By the way I can't access the ticket support area of this website. When I go to the page it looks as if I am logged out. I have tried clicking both "Log in" links on the page but it's set to redirect to the same page I'm looking at, I've even tried the "registration form" (despite obviously being a forum member) link which tells me I'm logged in. What do I press to actually submit a ticket?
  9. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

I've also found that if i deactivate the bbpress plugin then re-activate it aMember members can use the forum. However new members still suffer the same issue, until I deactivate/re-activate the bbpress plugin again.
  10. spacechimp

spacechimp New Member

amember members do show as forum participants in the wordpress admin area. I have noticed another slightly odd thing. I normally use two different browsers to login, one for my wordpress administrator account and one for my amember forum participants. If however i sign into my amember account in the same browser as the one I'm signed into with wordpress it signs me out of wordpress. When I sign back in the amember gets use of the forum.
    Don't know if that will be helpful to help track down the problem? please let me know as soon as you can how to send a ticket so we can resolve this as quickly as possible

Many Thanks
  11. alexander