Pre Sales Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by uniopp, Aug 26, 2003.

1. uniopp

uniopp Guest

Hi,
    I recently downloaded and installed the free version of aMember and have some questions before upgrading to the pro version.

1/ Can I add as many fields to the members table as I want?

2/ Can I change the default field names in the members table by modifying the script? If so, which files?

3/ Can aMember/smarty templates use any language (e.g Japanese, Chinese, German, etc.)?

4/ Can aMember be 100% internationalized (Every page that members see including all error messages)?

5/ Can I use any currency that Authorize.net accepts? What files/templates need to be changed and how do I change the decimal point for currencies that use no decimal points or even a comma?

6/ When I set up my free version I was asked for database details, e-mail details, lof off url, etc. but I can't find where to modify these settings from my admin menu. Where can I change these settings?

7/ How many members will aMember handle? Would 100,000 to 200,000 be a problem?

8/ I need to types of payment systems. One is an annual subscription with a one time set up fee, is this possible? How do I incorporate the one time set up fee? The other type of payment system is for downloads of encrypted PDF files that are generated on the fly (not stored on my server). The user needs to pay a one time fee in order to either view the file and/or receive the encryption password to unlock the file. Could this be done? Can you see any problems?

Thank you.
    Simon.
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

1. yes.
    2. no, and it is not necessary as aMember Pro has plugins interface, so you can maintain another table in another database
    with any fields you need.
    3. yes.
    4. unfortunatelty, no.
    5. yes, it is possible.
    6. aMember Pro version has full-featured configuration editor in control panel.
    7. It depends on protection method you are going to use. However, with such a members base you should have dedicated
    server, then it won't be a problem to setup it as you need. In this case, it will work with 200,000+ customers.
    8. It is possible as customization.