Pre sale questions:

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by o2xav, Jun 4, 2013.

1. o2xav

o2xav New Member

Hello,

I am considering buying this plugin and i have several needs, i want to be sure amember will permit me to do those :
    • add custom fields when a new user subscribes, ie: a member wants to be a member of "development" group, so he chooses "development group" when he subscribes.
    • I also need him to be able to choose subcategories, development group => translations => french + development group => translations => german + think tank group => ideas => bio diversity.
    • I need to be able to contact by email all the members of a said group, send emails to the "devlopment group =>translations =>german" members.
    • I don't need restriction of content for these users, just a "database" of members and the ability to contact each group separately
    If i need to use amember in combination with another plugin in order to do so, please give me ideas or guidelines if possible to achieve these goals.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

It sounds doable. You would create a field or series of fields (SQL type) in amember admin.
    Then place these on the signup form and ask people to chose.

Then you can do a search for people who chose the specific field.

David