Posts missing and error message.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wizzazza, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizzazza

wizzazza Member

In a Wordpress integration I have protection applied to a category of a custom taxonomy, so that text before the 'more tag' is visible to anyone - but only logged-in members can view the whole post.

Although I'm sure that it's previously been ok, I've now noticed that although I see these excepts when logged-in, when logged-out they're absent.

Wordpress shows a debug error of 'Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in [path to] /wp-content/plugins/amember4/protection.php on line 168 (which is the position of the custom code you added).

I suspect this is caused by something I've recently changed, but have no idea where to begin looking.
  2. wizzazza

wizzazza Member

UPDATE: I'd recently changed 'has_archive'=> false to 'has_archive'=> true - and reverting this to 'false' brings back the missing pre-'more tag' stuff. I don't know why this should be an issue, so will check further.

It's still showing the debug error, and maybe always has - 'debug' is something I've only just started to use.

I'll welcome any suggestions.
  3. wizzazza

wizzazza Member

Quick update...

This issue is now fixed... by 'support'.

They've been hugely helpful, and I'm happy to openly acknowledge what high quality service it is (despite my licence having expired - I'll renew next month when I can afford).

:)
    caesar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.