Possible To Manage Individual Pages

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by tempguest, Jan 8, 2004.

1. tempguest

tempguest Guest

Is it possible to use amember to manage article subscription on a per page basis?

Here is the scenario.

1. A subscriber pays a fee for an article to be displayed for say 6 months. This is a static html page with .php extension.

2. Once the subscription expires, the page is:

2.1) redirected to another page
    2.2) offered a chance to renew subscription
    2.3) once the subscription is renewed, the redirect would be removed.

I realize or at least believe that 2.1 and 2.2 are mutually exclusive events as far as page display goes.

So I guess my basic question is an inverted subscription process, where content is displayed until the subscription expires.

thanks
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

It is possible to do for reasonable customization fee.
    Please contact support@cgi-central.net.
    One question - how these PHP pages will be uplaoded?
  3. tempguest

tempguest Guest

Thanks for the quick response.

The pages are initially generated through the Blog system Movable type which is my testbed.

However, eventually a custom solution would be implemented.

This custom solution may or maynot use the Smarty engine. Would this have any affect on the custom code you are suggesting.

Essentially a template system, so the pages are generated on the server. Any php code would be included in the templates.

I realize that the description I provided is brief, so if it takes some custom code,

I really want to do the solution once, so I would need to spec it out first. Or would your solution be independent and rely on the custom code being included in a .php page.

An additional question, (I have not read the licensing agreement, so if it is covered in your licensing, just tell me and I will read it).

Can amember be used across subdomains (same virtual server) with redirects into a subdomain name matching folder. The question is two-fold.

1. Would amember work across subdomains?
    2. Are they additional fees for amember to work across subdomains.

thanks for the quick response.
  4. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

Yes, I was thinking about small piece of PHP code, which could be automatically inserted into PHP file.

This solution will be independent on Smarty/etc.

aMember works uncross subdomains and there are no license problems if it uses the same MySQL/users dababase for all subdomains.
  5. jasondavis

jasondavis New Member