Popup For Stripe?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by louisken20, Dec 28, 2015.

1. louisken20

louisken20 New Member

Hi Team aMemebr Pro,

I want to purchase your membership script, however I have a single question before making a purchase.

Does the latest version of aMember Pro support Stripe's popup for credit card payment instead of the embedded form version I see on some websites?

If it supports that feature, then I will make a purchase since I don't use PayPal, just stripe.

Thanks.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

We already implemented this feature in development version. It will be included in upcoming release.

Right after purchase you can contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) and ask for latest version of Stripe plugin. We will send you it before release.
  3. tomingles

tomingles Member

Hi Caesar, I've also been waiting for this for a couple of months. Is there any more news on when it'll be in the next official release? I'll also be paying for another upgrade when this functionality is implemented. Thanks!
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@tomingles I can not say exact date of next release but we plan to do it in nearest time (need to complete some important tasks before it). As I mentioned early you can contact us in heldpesk and we will send you latest version of stripe plugin with popup support.
  5. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Yep, aMember has released a version of Stripe with popup, so if you need it just contact them in helpdesk for it.
  6. arthy

arthy aMember Pro Customer

what is the benefit with the pop up ?
    what difference does it make
  7. miso

It cuts down the # of fields a user needs to fill out on the credit card page from full address / cc # / cvv / expiry date / name / email / phone to just cc #, expiry date and cvv.

And you don't require SSL on your end to collect/process payments securely as the popup is served from Stripe servers instead.
    caesar likes this.
  8. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

In the interest of possible chargebacks / fraud...is this necessarily better? What about those of us who have Stripe set to decline charges that fail zip code validation? I believe they disregard this setting if you dont submit a zip code but the pop up seems like it could open up the merchant to bit more possible fraud, negligible but still possible.
  9. miso

Yes, it's a trade off.

If you don't care about fraud as much and know that most of your clients are not looking to use stolen credit cards to get your service, then a popup with 3-4 fields only might be a good solution for you.

If, on the other hand, you do worry about fraud, popup might not be a solution for you.
    caesar likes this.