Plugin - Joint Venture

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by jenolan, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The Joint Venture plugin allows you to automatically pay project partners a share of income from designated products. If you have a product where a percentage or a fixed dollar value of each sale is payable to a developer or content provider the plugin automatically calculates the commission due and store for later payment using the aMember affiliate system. Any number of products on your system can make use of this system, you will be able to share revenue for items that you would otherwise not be able to sell!

Available from JLogica for US$37.50
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

This is Genius. Great job.
  3. benfitts

benfitts Member

It's useful yes, but it is not what I'd be looking for in a joint venture plugin.

I'd be looking to have a second affiliate program entirely which pays a higher commission rate.

For example I'd want to make all members affiliates and assign them to the default affiliate program. Maybe 30% or 40% or 50% or whatever.

BUT I'd want to be able to have a separate sign up option for JV partners. People who can and will refer to me a ton of members. These JV partners might get paid anywhere from 60% - 100%.

You see they'd send me let's say 1000 members all who would become instant affiliates. I might not make much money on the initial sale to the JV partner's members but I would make a ton on all 1000 people now being affiliates and referring more people to me.

That's what I consider to be a JV partner plugin.
  4. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

You are changing the topic.

This is a tool for when you have content created by someone else that you sell on your system and pay the original author per sale, it is not in any way anything to do with paying people to sell your stuff.

If you want you can use an affiliate program like iDevAffiliate which allows you to do exactly what you just said, all you members can be standard affiliates and you can designate special ones who are paid more per conversion.
  5. benfitts

benfitts Member

No I'm not changing the topic.

The topic was JV plugin.

In the internet marketing world JV means joint-venture and is most commonly known as an affiliate who is going to go above and beyond in helping you promote your site so you give a better commission rate too.

There are dozens of web sites out there that refer to it as JV.

You called your plugin Joint Venture. Perhaps you should have called it something else.
  6. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

The IM world has bastardized the word JV to mean a higher paid affiliate. A true JV is when you and a partner get together to create/sell a product.

This is called JV plugin because it is a true JV payment- If you have a partner whose product you are selling, and need to give them a % of the sales, seperate from any affiliate payments.

What I think you are asking for is a super affiliate plugin :)

David
  7. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

In business a Joint Venture is when two (or more) principals join together a good example/quote..
    Maybe the affiliate marketeers have shanghai'd the term to mean something else but it already has a definite business meaning. As mentioned above iDevAffiliate has this built in, you can set a default commission and for anyone you want to pay more you simply override the affiliates pay rate, done and dusted.

Larry
  8. benfitts

benfitts Member

Hey Larry,

I do think your plugin has a great value. For example my friend "wrote" a book. She paid a ghostwriter to write it and is giving her a percentage of all sales. I know my friend wants to sell an electronic version of her book and this plugin would be perfect for her. She can setup the percentage for her ghostwriter to be done automatically.

So I do see value in the plugin :)
  9. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

jenolan, what's your contact email? shoot me an email if you can (contact below), as I've got a question or two...
  10. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Send email to larry at jlogica dot com.
  11. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

The JV now has support for iDevAffiliate as well as standard aMember.
  12. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Is it possible when using this plugin to award the JV partner with a percentage of profits AFTER paying affiliate commissions?

This way, the JV partner gets more when sales are direct and less when sales come from affiliates.

Also, is it possible to arrange for multiple JV partners on a single product?

For example, 4 authors work together to produce a product. Can this plugin calculate a profit split for each of them? Preferably, with different percentages for each partner, commensurate with each partner's contribution to the project.

Thanks.
  13. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

I have added your suggestions to my review list for JV. At the moment I am fully committed to a custom site upgrade. The amount of work probably means I will not get back to my normal development tasks for another 2-4 weeks.

Larry
  14. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Hi Larry,

Not only have you answered my question, but you have gone above and beyond as well. I truly appreciate that.

Good luck with the upgrade.
  15. mitoste

mitoste New Member

Thanks to this plugin is also provided statistics of sales and profits to authors within their account?
  16. sudarmaji

sudarmaji New Member

Where to get JV plugin. The seller's site is under construction. Thank.
  17. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

amember now has their own version.
    Its either in the list of plugins you can buy or you can email tech support.
  18. mahdi_nur

mahdi_nur New Member

Where to get JV plugin. The seller's site is under construction. Thank.