Plugin - aMail: aMember Plugin for AWeber

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by kengary, Apr 1, 2009.

1. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

aMail is an aMember plugin I wrote that syncs up your members with your AWeber lists.

* It automatically subscribes your aMember customers to the AWeber list that you specify when they purchase your products and subscriptions through aMember.
    * It automatically removes them from those same lists when their subscriptions run out or if their subscription is cancelled by the customer or the admin of your site.
    * It optionally allows your customers the ability to remove themselves from your AWeber lists from their member page.
    * It gives you control over which pieces of customer information from aMember gets imported into custom fields in AWeber to further personalize your emails.

Read More About It and Watch Install Video:
    http://www.kencinnus.com/amemberplugins/amail-amember-plugin-for-aweber

Purchase It:
    http://www.kencinnus.com/amember/signup.php?price_group=2&product_id=2
  2. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

$97?

Don't get me wrong, but how is it different from the $40 aweber plugin provided by amember guys? (ie. how much more is there to it that justifies 2.5x the cost?)
  3. kengary

4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

fair enough... still not too happy about the price, but if any of my future clients need that functionality of aweber with amember, I guess I'll have to pass on that cost to them anyway and it's their call whether they'll shell out $100 for aweber integration or not.
  5. beejeebers

beejeebers Member

Question:

If I have about 1,000 members right now and want to add them all to aweber, can this plugin do that?
  6. kengary

Yes, it should be able to do that. Once you set it all up you can use the Rebuild DB function in aMember and it will subscribe your members to what they are entitled to be subscribed to. You may want to really think through what the confirmation email says in order to re-assure them and get them to do the double opt-in. AWeber always requires that.
  7. beejeebers

beejeebers Member

Cool, I think I'll buy your plugin. I like how you showed how you can really use the aweber side to move them to another list when they quit being members. That's very handy.

I've been using the amember mass email function, but I think only the first couple hundred actually get out there.
  8. kengary

Thank you!
  9. navedp

navedp New Member

I did not see that on the video or either on the website..

Does that mean if they upgrade to other product it automatically remove from previous aweber list and subscribe them to another list?
  10. hferradj

hferradj New Member

Hello

I have purchased and installed this amail plugin for aweber.
    It's very good but I have a problem with it.

I don't know the reason but some members are not automatically added
    to my aweber list (They are added in amember succesfully but when I list my aweber leads they are not there, not even in "waiting for confirmation" status - they are really not there).

Because of this problem I have to manually add subscribers regularly to the list so they can get access to their product (which is a daily subscription to a service).

This is a tedious task because I have to gather their fullname, email, amemberID, username and password to fill the custom fields of that aweber list.

I was wondering 2 things:

1/ If I use the rebuildDB feature of amember, will those "ghost" members get into the loop and receive the aweber confirmation email?

2/ If I use this rebuildDB feature do the other members who are already in the aweber list receive a new confirmation email, or is it going to cause any harm?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  11. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@hferradj: Since these forums do not automatically email responses for threads you may want to drop Ken a note directly on his site:

http://kencinnus.com/contact/
  12. kengary

Hello,

I'd be happy to take a look some time at one of these subscribers who are not being added. It could be because they unchecked the subscribe box when they signed up.

If there is a technical reason and they still should be signed up then yes, a Rebuild DB will add them.

An email is also sent to AWeber for every other active subscriber and if they are already on your list in AWeber the subscribe email is ignored.

Hope that helps!

You can use my contact form on my site at http://kencinnus.com/contact/ to request direct technical support on issues with my plugins at any time. Don't forget! ;-D
  13. hferradj

hferradj New Member

Thanks SkippyBosco :) I have sent him skype message... And his reply is aleady here! Very fast:

Thanks a lot Ken for your reply.

I was waiting for your input before manually adding the latest "ghost" subscribers and I had a surprise... They subscribed yesterday and were added to my aweber list just today, several hours after they subscribed.

So maybe this is coming from my shared hosting... don't know exactly.

Anyway if this happens again I will use the RebuildDB function.

Thanks again!
  14. amy66

amy66 Member

Yes It should be no problem.
  15. outstandingpoker

outstandingpoker New Member

Hello,

Can you please tell me how i go about doing the following.
    I want a signup process with the following.

Step 1) opt in - enter first name and email.

Step 2) you are sent an email (you must go to your email provider)

step 3) you are sent from the email to a basic registration form via a link

step 4) your name and email are already filled in for you on this registration page

step 5) Thats it you have completed the signup process

By doing these 5 steps you are in our amember database and signed up and opted in to our aweber database.
    I only want them to click one confirmation link via email through out this process.
    what scripts etc do i need.

please reply.
  16. ratiotrader

ratiotrader New Member

Hey Ken,

Just purchased the plugin. Everytime I enable it though I receive this error: Site error: the file /home5/ratiotra/public_html/amember/plugins/protect/amail_aweber/amail_aweber.inc.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Could you contact me: SRGajewski@gmail.com
  17. kengary

Hey ratiotrader!

I have contacted you. But I wanted to let everyone know that I have FAQ pages for all of my plugins on my site where you purchased them. Plus there is a contact form there.

http://kencinnus.com/plugins/integration/amail/#faq

You should use my site to contact me about my plugins.

Thanks,

Ken
  18. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Ah I see Ken has already replied. Post removed ;)
  19. smoove045

smoove045 New Member

Hi there,

I was wondering how I can set it up so getresponse with amail does NOT
    require double opt-in.

Ultracart.com also uses the getresponse API to subscribe people, and
    double opt-in is NOT required there, so this must be possible.

However, when I did a DB rebuild, it sent out confirmation emails
    instead of just subscribing them all via API.

Thanks a lot!
  20. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

smoove045, please try to contact getresponse.com to find out if that is possible. It is not a problem to implement anything if API exists, but I am afraid that is not aMember, that is getresponse.com restriction.