Please review If the way of my product installation is correct

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mhmtozek, Nov 17, 2011.

1. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

I am a front-end developer and I pretty much can find my way around while installing scrips, but to be honest I had to go over many times to understand exactly how to use amember. I will keep it short, and will try to explain here that how I set it up, please review and let me know if i did it correct -> after I hear that all were set correct, I will kick amember into action.

I have 17 (digital) products, these are all on sale individually -> and a membership type. If anyone purchase a product, they will have access for that specific product only. If someone purchase membership -> s/he will have access to all products as long as s/he keeps paying monthly recurring bills (handled by 2co). Now with all that said, here is my simple configuration of adding membership and products into the script.

I went to products page -> Edit Groups -> created two groups named one as standard (for indv product purchases) and second group name is membership club

And then I created 17 products under Products -> Manage Products -> New product page.

As last, I went to upload my files on Products -> Protect Content -> Files -> New Record

I uploaded product X and as access permissions
    - Product X (Individual Product X that was created under manage products -> New product page)
    - Category membership club

then I uploaded product Y and as access permissions
    - Product (Individual Product Y that was created under manage products -> New product page)
    - Category membership club

..... and so on

I am really sorry for my looong thread, but the way of setting up and having an approval as it was set the way it should be is extremely important for me at this stage before I move that script live.

Following that i will have 2 questions then I all set with it.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is exactly how it is supposed to be set in your case.

Sorry if something was unclear in process of configuration. What was the most unclear point? How could we make it more clear for newcomers?
  3. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

I wonder if you ever sleep Alex :)

The Codex is great, you have all sort of information. The problem is that i felt of getting ready for an exam and a codex is a big book that i need to read in order to pass.

What would make it really great and increase your productivity would be to set up video tutorials. For instance I believe you are getting many installation requests because of files being uploaded not in -binary mode. A simple video tutorials of 3 min about how to upload files.

And different product installation video tutorials based on use cases
    - For sites having only membership system
    - For sites having digital products only without member system
    - Sites having both products and membership together
    ... based on your experience you would be able to sort out 5 use cases here.

I run a support forums too where we have appr. 5000 members, and after having video tutorials, we didn't anymore receive certain/common questions.

now as my follow up questions;
    1- a user can select only one product to purchase from admin dashboard -> can we use checkboxes over radio buttons or somehow give option for multiple product order?

2- is there any chance to give some bonus products for every purchase? So, basically after selection of a product, based on its category user will have an option to select X number of free products.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Thank you, we are of course working on video tutorials, will be doing it soon.

1 - aMember Cp -> Forms Editor -> Edit -> click "Configure" on "Product" brick
    2 - I believe such option is hard to implement to make it universally useful for any website. It can be done as custom "brick" for signup form.