Please Please Please update your Documentation

Discussion in 'Integration' started by spaamfaawebmaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. spaamfaawebmaster

spaamfaawebmaster aMember Pro Customer

The Wordpress integration documentation is out of date and this isn't the first bit of documentation that I have found that has cost me time.

In this case I was following this wiki page to setup the wordpress theme integration.

I followed these in instructions and got the header and footer as expected but then no mater what I did with the contents of "/amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/YOUR_WORDPRESS_THEME_FOLDERNAME" nothing was changing.

Frustrated, I dug into the code and found that in wordpress.php->setupWpThemeViewPath() you are looking in the wp-themes directory.

I found a reference to this buried in the 6.0.0 release notes: "WP themes support moved to application/default/views/wp-themes". The following line: "
    Details are available in the documentation http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress" sent me to another wiki page but if there is any detail on the move to wp-themes, I could not find it.

I am happy to report that if you perform the same actions provided here but the directory in question is amember/application/default/views/wp-themes instead then things appear to be working.

So... Please Please Please update your Documentation!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member