Please help extend our development license which just expired

Discussion in 'Installation' started by brucetech3, Feb 18, 2016.

1. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

One more GLITCH on our never ending series of challenges and glitches on this upgrade and migration.
    (I am posting this in a separate topic as it is not directly on-thread with our primary technical issues)

Our development license has now expired.
    We needed a temporary/development license in order to proceed with the testing of the migration which is on a new hosting server service company. While the old installation continues to run on the old, different company and different URL. So we were issued a license key and we have used that on the very bumpy road of trying to migrate and upgrade.
    But, apparently, we were issued a 30 day then dead license to use on our new web hosting server site.
    I received an email late yesterday stating it was expiring soon. There was no chance to actually request an extension. It was just killed and then an email sent.
    I could not believe they -Amember Support- would be doing this to us!
    Since they know that we are not anywhere near end of migration process. I have been in constant Tech Support Help Ticket 'conversation' with Anton.
    Plus it would have been actually useful for someone in the Tech Support Ticket system to inform us that the license would expire on a certain date- so that we could have requested an extension (which they know we need anyway... !)

Please Caesar or some other AMember Technical Staff person, can you help to reinstate the development license?
    Until the dev license is extended I am dead in the water.
    HELP.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. brucetech3

brucetech3 aMember Pro Customer

Thank you Caesar for the quicker reply.
    I posted a similar help request to my official Help Ticket Support login. But they have not replied.
    I was in such a haste about posting, to make sure they had it soonest, that I did not manually type in the date and time *(since the Help Ticket postings have no date/time stamp mechanism). But it was within about 10 minutes of my post here in user forum.

The project site management team is so exasperated with all the challenges we have been encountering, they said to just buy a second license, which I did on our Thursday evening. And I pasted that info also into my Help Ticket Support thread. The management team suggested that the second license should get us (a) a non-expiring license which wont fail after 30 days, and (b) hope that the second license will show our good faith in trying to get the product working, and (c) get us some faster and more useful responses from the official Help Ticket Support channel.
    [3:20am PT]