php 5.4.x breaks aMember 3!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kel, Jun 14, 2012.

1. kel

kel aMember Pro Customer

Yes, it's true:

This is because the function session_is_registered() has been *REMOVED* as of PHP 5.4! This was an unhappy surprise and I found out the hard way. Here is some proof: http://php.net/manual/en/function.session-is-registered.php

Now my ecommerce site is no longer working. I'm stuck with aMember 3 until you provide a Beanstream payment plugin to aMember 4.

It's not easy for me to rollback to PHP 5.3, so I'll need a workaround.
  2. kel

kel aMember Pro Customer

I commented out the session_is_registered() line in /amember/plugins/protect/php_include/check.inc.php. My site is working again, but this isn't the right workaround.

Can you please provide a permanent fix?

Thanks,
    Kelly
  3. darren_p

darren_p New Member

Hi Kelly

Did you get a permanent fix to this, I'm just about to get the same problem when my host switches off 5.3

Thanks
    Darren
  4. kel

kel aMember Pro Customer

I didn't get a permanent fix - no one replied to my thread. But the temporary one (above) that I wrote about works. I don't think there's much/any development going on with aMember 3.x so that might be your best bet.

Apparently Beanstream is now supported in 4.x but it's a lot of work/rework for me to upgrade, so I don't know when I can do it.
  5. kronware

kronware New Member

My web hosting provider upgraded to php 5.4 (from 5.2) and broke my aMember 3.x script. I replaced or worked around the session_is_registered() and set_magic_quotes_runtime() deprecated functions and now all pages are blank. Has anybody worked around this? Does this have something to do with Zend Optimization or IonCube?

Thanks
    Chris